American journalist, 51, is shot useless by Russian troops in Ukraine: Troopers opened fireplace on van of international press who had been filming refugees crossing the border
- Brent Renaud, 51, was filming refugees crossing the border in Irpen, Ukraine
- Russian troops opened fireplace on the van he was in with different international press
- Renaud was carrying a badge that listed the New York Instances as his publication
- The Instances says he’s a freelancer who was not there on project for them
- Ukrainian police introduced his demise and mentioned he ‘paid his life attempting to indicate the ruthlessness’ of Putin’s military
An American freelance filmmaker has been shot useless whereas overlaying the conflict in Ukraine, Kyiv police introduced on Sunday.
Brent Renaud, 51, was in a truck with different journalists in Irpen when Russian troops opened fireplace. He was shot useless and one in every of his colleagues was injured, based on native authorities.
Initially, he was thought to have been on project for The New York Instances as a result of he was carrying a press badge that listed the newspaper as his publication.
Brent Renaud, 51, was in a truck with different journalists in Irpin when Russian troops opened fireplace.
The Instances has nevertheless issued an announcement to make clear that whereas he labored for them previously, he was not there on project for them.
‘We’re deeply saddened to listen to of Brent Renaud’s demise. Brent was a proficient photographer and filmmaker who contributed to The New York Instances over time.
‘Although he had contributed to The Instances previously (most not too long ago in 2015), he was not on project for The Instances in Ukraine.
‘Early reviews that he labored for The Instances circulated as a result of he was carrying a Instances press badge that had been issued for an project a few years in the past.’
Renaud together with his brother, one other filmmaker. The pair are skilled in battle zones and are understood to have been filming refugees crossing the border after they had been killed
Share or touch upon this text: