Cake pops are the proper dessert. They’re fast, straightforward to eat on the go, and so they’re wrapped up within the nostalgia of feeling like a child once more. This cake pop recipe from Mae Elizabeth makes use of actual, complete components like lemon, maple syrup, chia seeds, oats, and dates, so you possibly can get pleasure from dessert with out the added sugars.
You can even have your cake and eat it too with this recipe, as a result of not solely does it don’t have any added sugars or funky components it’s essential to fear about, nevertheless it additionally makes use of P2 Almond Protein- a yummy protein powder made out of almonds and different pure components. So subsequent time you’re craving one thing candy however need to serve up a pleasant enhance of protein too, whip up a few of these No-Bake Lemon Cake Pops!
This recipe is courtesy of Mae Elizabeth.
1 cup PB2 Almond Butter Protein
1/2 cup blended oats
10 pitted Medjool dates
2 tbsp Agave or maple syrup
Juice from half a lemon (1 tbsp)
Zest from one lemon
1 Tbsp chia seeds
Tips on how to Make It
- In a blender or meals processor mix the oats first till it’s a powder texture. In case your dates aren’t pitted, simply squeeze the pit out. Add the remainder of the principle components till effectively mixed. Style and see if you wish to add something like additional sweetness from agave or tartness from lemon.
- Roll the dough into balls 12 balls and place on a parchment paper-lined plate. Chill for 10-20 minutes.
- Whereas the balls are chilling, poke holes right into a cardboard field in your cake pops to be upright. Should you don’t have a field simply make them the wrong way up by leaving them on parchment paper.
- After the balls are chilled, soften your chocolate. To soften your chocolate, microwave items at 50% energy for 1 minute. Stir and microwave one other 30 seconds. Repeat till melted.
- Dip a cakepop/lollipop stick into the chocolate earlier than inserting the sticks into every ball. This helps it adhere higher!
- Begin sticking your “cake pops” into the holes in your cardboard field.
- Time to brighten! Drizzle with white chocolate and prime with sprinkles, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and so on!
- Chill for 10+ minutes.
- Serve instantly or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
In search of extra methods to make some deliciously wholesome desserts? Attempt 76 Finest Dessert Recipes for Weight Loss.
Eat This, Not That!
Impressed by The New York Instances best-selling e-book collection, Eat This, Not That! is a model that’s comprised of an award-winning workforce of journalists and board-certified consultants, docs, nutritionists, cooks, private trainers, and dietitians who work collectively to convey you correct, well timed, informative, and actionable content material on meals, diet, weight-reduction plan, weight reduction, well being, wellness, and extra. Learn extra
Publish supply: eatthis