BREAKING NEWS: The Premier League Corridor of Fame nearly DOUBLES in dimension as Paul Scholes leads the most recent additions alongside Didier Drogba – however Liverpool have NO new gamers becoming a member of Steven Gerrard
- The Premier League Corridor of Fame will almost double from 10 to 16 members
- Wayne Rooney and Patrick Vieira had been introduced as 2022 nominees final month
- And the Premier League has revealed six extra former gamers shall be added
- Former Manchester United pair Paul Scholes and Peter Schmeichel are included
- A Manchester Metropolis pair, plus Ian Wright and Chelsea icon Didier Drogba are in
- Nonetheless, there aren’t any extra Liverpool gamers with Reds legend Steven Gerrard
The Premier League has introduced their Corridor of Fame has almost doubled with a number of new additions, together with Paul Scholes and Didier Drogba – however none from Liverpool.
Patrick Vieira and Wayne Rooney had been revealed because the ninth and tenth inductees in March, are are actually joined by an additional six.
Former Manchester United midfielder Scholes and ex-Chelsea striker Drogba are the headline new faces.
Paul Scholes leads six nominees into the Premier League Corridor of Fame introduced on Thursday
Former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba can also be among the many headline names added to the listing
Additionally inducted are Scholes’ erstwhile team-mate, the Danish goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel, Manchester Metropolis pair Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany, plus iconic former Arsenal striker Ian Wright.
The half-dozen new nominees had been chosen by way of a public on-line vote and picks from the Premier League Awards Panel.
The recipients of the celebrated award – thought of the best particular person honour given to gamers – will all be formally honoured at an occasion in London on Thursday night.
Extra to observe.